Thursday 21 September 2017

JOS #006 - Amazing You!

There are times when I buy a stamp set for purely sentimental reasons.  Such a purchase was the Talented Trio set.  My daughter was a competitive figure-skater while growing up.  I remember many, many miles travelled to get to competitions and testing days.  Of course all that driving was done in the dead of winter and through some of British Columbia's more challenging mountain passes.  She doesn't skate much any longer and has lost her double and triple jumps through lack of practise but she is still a joy to behold on ice.  How then could I pass up buying the Talented Trio set?  It's retired now but I will forever love it.  How serendipitous that the new challenge at the Joy of Sets is all about the "T's".

For a change in pace I chose to do one of the "watercolouring without the lines" techniques for my card.  By stamping the lines using the colours with which I planned to watercolour, the lines would disappear.  Magic---well, almost!

I had fun mixing the current inks with the current cardstocks and then adding in some retired products.  The primary one, of course, is the stamp set.  Then, too, the designer paper has retired but is perfect since every movement my daughter makes on ice brings music to my inner ears.  I also stamped in some snowflakes thanks to the retired Happy Scenes set.


Primary Stamp Set:  Talented Trio
Colours:  Tempting Turquoise, Emerald Envy, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride

I hope you'll check out the other creations at the Joy of Sets Challenge.

I've also entered my card in the Jingle Belles Challenge for their fun Tic-Tac-Toe game.

And finally I've entered my card into the SIP Challenge #117 which is all about Watercolouring.

10 comments:

  1. What wonderful memories of your daughter ... so glad you joined our game of Tic-Tac-Toe at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi what a lovely card and all the more special because of its deeper meaning. This is a set I've never seen. Thank you for joining us at Joy Of Sets this week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely challenge entry & pretty watercolouring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Heidi! I love your no line watercoloring. It's so nice to see creations that are inspired by our precious memories. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card created with memories of your daughter. I haven't heard of this set but that is what our challenge is about, using retired along with new. Thanks for joining in with us and I hope you continue to do so.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Your image turned out perfectly and perfect card for your daughter! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not seen this set before but love the technique you've used to stamp the skater; I really must add it to my list of techniques to try out. Thanks for entering this card to the JoS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card and a lovely back story. Thanks for sharing both x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, Heidi. I adore your beautifully water coloured image. Thanks for joining us at Joy Of Sets

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sweet! so pleased you could join our tic tac toe fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.