Tuesday 5 September 2017

Happy Birthday --- Seize the Birthday Challenge

For the Seize the Birthday Challenge there is always a choice.  One can choose their suggestion which they call "the toppings" or one can choose to go one's own way and create an "anything goes" card.  The only hitch either way is that it has to be a birthday card.

 Our "Toppings" option this time is...
"Ocean Colors"
(Blue, Green and or Aqua)

I had been wanting an excuse to play with a few of the Distress Oxide inks which I had managed to find and buy.  Among them, the Broken China and Peeled Paint seemed like the closest to the "topping" colours.  To those I added a neutral, the Vintage Photo.  I love the way these Oxide inks separate into new colours and shades and also the way they layer without becoming muddy, as long as you dry the colours in between each addition.


Once I had created my background, I checked out my cardstock to see what would be the most complimentary colours.  In the end I used Bermuda Bay as my base followed by a layer of Gold Foil.  Then I attached my background piece.  For my huge "Happy Birthday" greeting, I die-cut the Bermuda Bay Glimmer paper but backed it with a layer of die-cut white to make it pop.  As an embellishment, I finished up by adding a little dragonfly die-cut from Gold Foil with the negative portion of the wings filled with Bermuda Bay Glimmer paper.

Overall this was an easy card to create and makes me want to play with those Oxide inks even more.

This card is entered into the Seize the Birthday Challenge.


I've also entered my card into the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge since it is all about punches and/or dies.

3 comments:

  1. Heidi you did an amazing job with your background, I love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely background on this fabulous Birdthday Card!! Thanks for dropping your card off at Tuesday Throwdown - best wishes in the draw - have a lovely week Gail DT Tuesday Throwdown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great background work for this pretty card! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.